Coronavirus/COVID-19 Statement **updated 3/25**
We are actively monitoring the fast-moving developments of the novel coronavirus and are preparing plans to adapt to the situation. Our first concern is the safety of all our staff, homeowners and volunteers, and we will make plans with that as our priority.
Administrative and Education Offices
Our administrative staff is working virtually and our physical office is closed to visitors. We are still available by phone and email during our normal office hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
All volunteer opportunities are canceled.
We recognize these measures may be disruptive to your plans. However, we feel that canceling activities in the short term is the best choice for the long term health and safety of our staff, volunteers and homeowners.
At this time, the World Health Organization (who.int) offers the following guidelines:
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention. Stay informed and follow advice given by your healthcare provider.
- Wash your hands frequently. Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based (60 percent) hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Avoid hugs and handshakes. Use alternate ways of greeting people and maintain at least 3 feet distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth and can make you sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
- Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19. Follow advice given by your healthcare provider, your national and local public health authority or your employer on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Please know that we are constantly monitoring the situation and will update our plans as new details emerge. Thank you for your continued support as we navigate this public health crisis together.