Donate Your Car for National Bicycle Month
May is National Bicycle Month.
National Bike Month was established in 1956 to showcase the benefits of bicycling. In honor of this annual tribute to two wheels, we’re sharing the League of American Bicyclists’ top reasons to bike!
- Biking is fun: Biking brings people together, encourages discover, and fosters community engagement.
- Biking is healthy: Bicycling can integrate physical activity into our daily routines.
- Biking is green: Biking curbs your carbon footprint, reduces air pollution, and reliance on fossil fuels.
- Biking saves money: Biking cuts parking, gas, and other driving costs while reducing traffic congestion.
Give Up Your Car, Help Habitat
Now that you know just a few of the benefits of changing your vehicle choice, maybe you’re wondering what to do with your car? Donate it!
Habitat’s national vehicle donation program, Cars for Homes, generates unrestricted funding from the sale of donated vehicles to help Beaches Habitat serve more families. Cars for Homes welcomes all vehicles, running or not, as long as there is a market for the donation.
The parts salvaged from end-of-life cars can be recycled to repair other cars. Steel parts can also be shredded and recycled through the Cars for Homes buyer network. The use of recycled steel reduces the amount of raw materials used and the release of harmful volatile organic compounds from new steel production.
Not Ready to Part with Your Car?
Cars for Homes accepts trucks, boats and recreational vehicles, too!
How to donate your car:
- Go to our online donation wizard or call 1-877-277-4344.
- Provide your vehicle information and contact information.
- Schedule your car to be picked up.
Car Donation FAQs
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
- The State for Florida will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
We accept almost all vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, boats, snowmobiles, farm equipment and construction equipment. If you want to donate your car or truck, please go to our donation wizard. If you want to donate any other type of vehicle, please call us at 1-877-277-4344.
Our partners at Advanced Remarketing Services return a higher percentage than any other vehicle processing entity. On a monthly basis, more than between 78% and 82% of the gross revenue generated from vehicle sales comes to Habitat for Humanity.
Your vehicle will be sold on behalf of Habitat through a national network of auctions and direct buyers.
After the vehicle has been sold, you will receive an acknowledgment letter providing your vehicle sale information.
All the auctions and direct buyers used by Habitat are licensed, insured and bonded in the states where they operate. By signing the title directly to Advanced Remarketing Services, you are legally transferring ownership of your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity.
When your title is received and your vehicle is picked up, you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.
Find out more about car donation tax deductions.
About half of our cars are sold to licensed dealers at wholesale auctions and are reused for transportation. The other half are typically transported to auto salvage yards where all reusable car parts, batteries, tires and fluids are removed. Vehicles that can be recycled are crushed, shredded and recycled into steel.
Recycling cars keeps a huge amount of steel out of landfills – enough to build nearly 45,000 steel-framed homes every year. The energy saved each year is enough to power approximately 18 million homes!
Habitat receives funds for each donated vehicle, although a car sold at auction generally generates more revenue than one that is recycled. Every donation makes a difference and the families that partner with us are extremely grateful for your help.
Advanced Remarketing Services is our authorized agent and attorney-in-fact for the purpose of selling vehicles and transferring titles. They handle the title transfer, towing and reporting of all vehicle donations.
Vehicle donations may be made online through the donation wizard or by calling 1-877-277-4344.
We are happy to answer any other questions you may have. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-277-4344.