Join the HYP Board
Engage more deeply with the mission of Habitat through Beaches Habitat Young Professionals. Leadership opportunities are now available!
What is Beaches HYP?
Beaches HYP is a self-directed, professional-led organization that works cooperatively with Beaches Habitat for Humanity through service, advocacy, fundraising and professional and leadership development. Beaches HYP offers value to members through opportunities for networking and relationship building; personal, leadership and professional development; and engagement through service. Visit our Beaches HYP page for more information.
What are the responsibilities of a Board Member?
Each member of the Beaches HYP Board fills a specific role, explained in more detail below. In addition to the functions of the role, responsibilities include attending meetings and events and fundraising. A full list of Board Member expectations is available for review.
What are the Board roles?
What are the Roles of the Beaches HYP Board Members?
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for Beaches HYP
- Facilitates all Beaches HYP Board meetings
- Encourages commitment and involvement from entire committee
- Leads preparation of annual HYP-event calendar, by establishing, communicating and guiding Beaches HYP to achieve annual goals
- Communicates events, build days and HYP Program Activities with members
- Acts as the key liaison between Beaches HYP and Beaches Habitat of Humanity
- Assists the President to ensure the yearly HYP goals are being met
- Supports Chair/President in carrying out strategic direction
- Acts as the point person for all board members to ensure tasks and responsibilities are being fulfilled
- Leads and fosters new prospective HYP projects not specifically assigned to other HYP members
- Builds partnerships with other YP groups and organizations in Jacksonville
- Assists in all aspects – recruiting new members, promoting events, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the organization of Beaches HYP Board Meetings:
- securing meeting location, reaching out to Board members for agenda items,
- creating the agenda, and
- distributing copies of the agenda at board meetings.
- Records meeting minutes at Board meetings, and distributes them to Board members
- Maintain chapter’s financial records
- Complete end of year chapter report
- Work with Beaches Habitat for Humanity to coordinate raised funds
- Develops and maintains quarterly fundraisers
- Manages a fundraising committee and schedules regular meetings to plan fundraisers.
- Coordinates and manages all Beaches HYP social/professional events
- Identify and establish relationships with venues and vendors
- Researches opportunities to advocate for affordable housing in Jacksonville Beaches
- Coordinates Habitat Advocacy Day walk at the Capitol in February
- Candidate to attend Habitat on the Hill in Washington DC
- In conjunction with HYP Liaison, plans HYP Builds (at least 4 per year)
- Encourage and invites Beaches HYP members to take part in volunteer opportunities, including HYP group build days
- Maintains a record of member’s volunteer hours and communicates them to Staff Liaison
- Works with Fundraising/ Events Chairs to communicate key Beaches HYP information
- Makes sure all information (including events, service opportunities and meetings) is being communicated to members and the public
- Oversees social media and include information on community calendars
- Collects and upload photographs of Beaches HYP events and builds
- Maintains files which will include announcements of programs and activities, and any other pertinent information
- Creates promotional items and assists in distribution of items for events
- Works with Membership Chair to build and deliver new member packets
- Identifies business and organizations to participate in the yearly Membership perk card.
- Works with Social Media Chair and Special Events Chair to promote membership and special events
- Seeks out and invites members who could be an asset to Beaches HYP
- Maintains and keeps a list of the membership together with addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and renewal date
- Works with Events and Marketing Chairs to help coordinate socials and volunteer builds, etc.
How do I apply for the Beaches HYP Board?
To be considered, please download the application (below) and submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.