Help strengthen communities through a year of service with Habitat AmeriCorps.
For one year, you get paid to help build sustainable solutions in the community, gain valuable hands-on experiences and prepare for your future.
AmeriCorps is a network of national service programs that take different approaches to improving lives and fostering civic engagement. More than 75,000 Americans across the country participate in AmeriCorps each year, tackling various community needs in different ways.
This hands-on experience provides you with an opportunity to learn and develop new skills and confidence while serving a critical role in helping Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better future for themselves and their families.
For the 2020-2021 service year, Beaches Habitat has two AmeriCorps National positions available.
AmeriCorps National members serve the community in direct service and capacity building activities.
A complete term of service requires the completion of 1,700 service hours and typically lasts 10½ months.
AmeriCorps members are an integral part of the Beaches Habitat for Humanity team, helping us serve more families and recruit and lead more volunteers.
Members will live and serve just a few miles away from the beautiful Jacksonville Beaches, as well as a network of parks, waterways and nature preserves. In addition, we are a short drive away from the arts, sports and culture of downtown Jacksonville, Florida.
AmeriCorps National Member Benefits
- Living allowance.
- Segal Education Award after successful completion of service.
- Possible forbearance or deferment of qualified student loans.
- Child care benefits, if you qualify.
- Affordable Care Act-compliant health plan.
- Personal and medical leave days - approximately 10 total.
- and more (view detailed description of benefits)
Beaches Habitat Supplemental Benefits
- Rent-free housing shared by members during service (available to Beaches Habitat members only).
- Tool allowance for Construction Crew Leader
Ways in which AmeriCorps members are supported in service and beyond
- Building sustainable solutions in the community.
- Gaining valuable real-world experiences.
- Preparing for your future.
Why Habitat AmeriCorps?
- Raise your awareness of the social issues that face
- Learn and develop new skills and confidence.
- Gain hands-on project management experience.
- Increase your knowledge of service and engagement.
- Maximize your construction and homebuilding experience.
- Improve your performance and opportunities for a future job.
- Visit habitat.org/americorps.
- Search opportunities and submit a résumé and motivation statement.
- If qualified, interview with staff from Beaches Habitat.
- If chosen, accept verbal offer and complete pre-enrollment requirements, including an application at my.americorps.gov.
- Begin service with your local Habitat organization.