Donate Your Car
When you donate your car to Habitat for Humanity,
we turn it into cash that supports our affordable homeownership programs in Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Mayport and Eastern Jacksonville.
Donating your car is easy and directly benefits local families in our community. You can start through our donation wizard online, or by calling our hotline. Completing the vehicle donation process takes just 3 simple steps.
Best of all, towing is free!
We accept all kinds of vehicles, including cars, trucks, RV’s, vans, SUV’s, boats and motorcycles, whether they are running or not. Your donation may also be tax deductible.
How to donate your car:
- Go to our online donation wizard or call 1-877-277-4344.
- Provide your vehicle information and contact information.
- Schedule your car to be picked up.
You can donate your car in 3 easy steps:
- Start your donation online by navigating to our donation wizard, or call our hotline: 1-877-277-4344
- Our team will ask about your vehicle, including the make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN) and current mileage.
- When your vehicle is accepted, schedule a day and time for us to pick it up.
- The State for Florida will require a Certificate of Title in order to donate your car.
- To complete your car donation, transfer your title by entering the name of the agency that processes our car donations, ADVANCED REMARKETING SERVICES in the buyer/purchaser field. Then, PRINT and SIGN your name in the seller/owner field EXACTLY as it appears at the top of the title.
We accept almost all vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, recreational vehicles, boats, snowmobiles, farm equipment and construction equipment. If you want to donate your car or truck, please go to our donation wizard. If you want to donate any other type of vehicle, please call us at 1-877-277-4344.
Our partners at Advanced Remarketing Services return a higher percentage than any other vehicle processing entity. On a monthly basis, more than between 78% and 82% of the gross revenue generated from vehicle sales comes to Habitat for Humanity.
Your vehicle will be sold on behalf of Habitat through a national network of auctions and direct buyers.
After the vehicle has been sold, you will receive an acknowledgment letter providing your vehicle sale information.
All the auctions and direct buyers used by Habitat are licensed, insured and bonded in the states where they operate. By signing the title directly to Advanced Remarketing Services, you are legally transferring ownership of your vehicle to Habitat for Humanity.
When your title is received and your vehicle is picked up, you are no longer responsible for the vehicle.
Find out more about car donation tax deductions.
About half of our cars are sold to licensed dealers at wholesale auctions and are reused for transportation. The other half are typically transported to auto salvage yards where all reusable car parts, batteries, tires and fluids are removed. Vehicles that can be recycled are crushed, shredded and recycled into steel.
Recycling cars keeps a huge amount of steel out of landfills – enough to build nearly 45,000 steel-framed homes every year. The energy saved each year is enough to power approximately 18 million homes!
Habitat receives funds for each donated vehicle, although a car sold at auction generally generates more revenue than one that is recycled. Every donation makes a difference and the families that partner with us are extremely grateful for your help.
Advanced Remarketing Services is our authorized agent and attorney-in-fact for the purpose of selling vehicles and transferring titles. They handle the title transfer, towing and reporting of all vehicle donations.
Vehicle donations may be made online through the donation wizard or by calling 1-877-277-4344.
We are happy to answer any other questions you may have. Please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-877-277-4344.