Coronavirus / COVID-19 Statement
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Beaches Habitat for Humanity! Your health and safety are important to us and we want to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable build experience.
Our volunteer builds will continue through Saturday, March 21st. All volunteer activities on and after Tuesday, March 24th have been canceled. We look forward to returning to our normal operations in the near future.
Please check back for updates.
Build with Beaches Habitat! Whether you are an experienced carpenter or have never touched a hammer, we will find a place for you on our construction site! Though we are a Christian ministry, we welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds to be a part of our organization.
If you are completing community service to fulfill a legal requirement (probation, pre-trial, etc.), need your hours verified or are younger than 18 years of age, please contact us before scheduling hours.
It is required that construction volunteers:
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Register with the program - online or over the phone. Our sites have a maximum capacity for your safety, so we need to know that you're coming;
- Complete a Release and Waiver of Liability before volunteering and at least once every year after. (18 & older release form | Younger than 18 release form) Please have your parents or legal guardian complete the Release form if you're younger than 18;
- Dress appropriately for construction work - please wear sturdy shoes that cover your whole foot (preferably work boots, but sneakers are okay);
- Are ready to get dirty! This is a "real" construction site and you'll be doing hard work. Don't worry if you don't have experience - our staff will teach you what you need to know.
Is it recommended that construction volunteers:
- Complete the "Volunteering On A Habitat for Humanity Job Site" safety training available through our partner, Lockton Affinity. You will need the Employee Access Code "W8NAEBTG" to enter the site;
- View our Construction Volunteer Policies;
- Have a moderate level of physical fitness;
- Have the ability to perform moderately strenuous bending and reaching activities;
- Are able to safely balance on stairs and uneven surfaces;
- Can work in a dusty and active environment without climate control of any sort;
- Are able to meet other moderate physical demands associated with the day's activities.
- If you have any concerns about your ability to meet these recommendations or need special accommodations, please contact us so we can do our best to work with you!
A Vounteer FAQ is available to help answer many common questions. The address of the meeting location and a link to our construction guidelines are available on the volunteer calendar and will also be emailed to you in your confirmation.
Contact our Community Outreach Director, Sarah Jared, with any questions or to register for volunteer opportunities by calling (904) 595-5793 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Volunteer on your own
Opportunities are typically available 5 days each week. Volunteers will be paired with a staff member or Crew Leader who will teach you what you need to know to have a safe and productive day. We provide all of the tools and equipment - you just need to dress for the weather, wear sturdy shoes that cover your entire foot, and come ready to work!
Visit our volunteer calendar to see locations, times and availability. Please be sure to register so we know you're coming!
Volunteer with a group
Whether you are looking for an opportunity for your company, church group, family or more, we welcome groups to reserve a day to build on our construction sites. Group scheduling is a popular team building activity, so opportunities are filled on a first-come, first-served basis for 5 or more people.
To get the process started, complete the group request form or contact Sarah Jared, Community Outreach Director, at (904) 595-5793 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your group is scheduled, you will receive more information to help you prepare for your day on site.
When completing the form below, please include as much information as possible in the “Additional Comments” section, including preferred date(s) or day(s) of the week.
Court Ordered Volunteers
Beaches Habitat for Humanity allows some volunteers to complete mandated hours on our construction site. However, we do have limitations, based on the charge or reason for your required hours.
Follow the link below to view our full policy and to submit your information for consideration. Please be sure to submit your final judgement or other official document noting the charge before you start your hours. Our Community Outreach Director will review your request and let you know if you qualify.
To encourage and empower more female construction volunteers, Beaches Habitat selects one home each year to be our Women Build.
All are welcome, regardless of your skills or construction experience. Our knowledgeable staff and volunteer leaders will teach and guide you. It's a fun, friendly, mostly female environment.
Whether you want to learn new skills or meet new people, Women Build is a rewarding experience.
Join our Women Build email list to stay up to date on Women Build opportunities.
What better way to put God's love into action than by helping your neighbors to build a home they can afford?
Each year, Beaches Habitat partners with faith communities to support a home build. Your congregation can be involved in a number of ways that include:
Use the link below to visit our Interfaith Build page for more information about the ways to join Interfaith Build.
Each spring, Beaches Habitat welcomes student groups to spend their school break with us, building by day and enjoying our beautiful beach communities by night.
Students make a small donation and volunteer for one week on our construction site. In return, Beaches Habitat provides housing, several meals, daily refreshments, construction skills training, and a safe and fun alternative to traditional spring break trips.
Groups can register to participate in Collegiate Challenge through Habitat for Humanity International. Opportunities are reserved on a first come, first served basis with priority given to returning groups. Registration for spring opens in October.