Construction Volunteer Opportunities Now Available
Spots are still limited, however, construction volunteers can now register for opportunities, beginning August 8th through August 24th.
Group opportunities are coming soon!
Build With Us
Anyone (age 16 or older) can help build a house.
Build together for a great team building experience.
Apply to complete your mandated hours on site.
Sign up for an alternative spring break build.
Build with Beaches Habitat! Whether you are an experienced carpenter or have never touched a hammer, we will find a place for you on our construction site! Though we are a Christian ministry, we welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds to be a part of our organization.
If you are completing community service to fulfill a legal requirement (probation, pre-trial, etc.), need your hours verified or are younger than 18 years of age, please contact us before scheduling hours.
It is required that construction volunteers:
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Register with the program - online or over the phone. Our sites have a maximum capacity for your safety, so we need to know that you're coming;
- Complete a Release and Waiver of Liability before volunteering and at least once every year after. (18 & older release form | Younger than 18 release form) Please have your parents or legal guardian complete the Release form if you're younger than 18;
- Dress appropriately for construction work - please wear sturdy shoes that cover your whole foot (preferably work boots, but sneakers are okay);
- Are ready to get dirty! This is a "real" construction site and you'll be doing hard work. Don't worry if you don't have experience - our staff will teach you what you need to know.
Is it recommended that construction volunteers:
- Complete the "Volunteering On A Habitat for Humanity Job Site" safety training available through our partner, Lockton Affinity. You will need the Employee Access Code "W8NAEBTG" to enter the site;
- View our Construction Volunteer Policies;
- Have a moderate level of physical fitness;
- Have the ability to perform moderately strenuous bending and reaching activities;
- Are able to safely balance on stairs and uneven surfaces;
- Can work in a dusty and active environment without climate control of any sort;
- Are able to meet other moderate physical demands associated with the day's activities.
- If you have any concerns about your ability to meet these recommendations or need special accommodations, please contact us so we can do our best to work with you!
A Vounteer FAQ is available to help answer many common questions. The address of the meeting location and a link to our construction guidelines are available on the volunteer calendar and will also be emailed to you in your confirmation.
Contact our Community Outreach Director, Sarah Jared, with any questions or to register for volunteer opportunities by calling (904) 595-5793 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.