Follow the “donate” link below to pay your Beaches HYP membership dues. Please list your t-shirt size in the comment box. By paying your membership dues you will be added to the Beaches HYP mailing list.
Beaches Habitat Young Professionals Mission:
Beaches Habitat Young Professionals mobilizes young professionals as hearts, hands and voices to strengthen Habitat’s societal impact and inspire action to end poverty housing. Through a continuum of opportunities, Beaches HYP offers value to members through its opportunities for networking and relationship building; personal, leadership and professional development; and engagement over a lifetime of service.
About Beaches Habitat Young Professionals
Beaches HYP works with Beaches Habitat for Humanity to perform five main functions:
- Directly serving with Beaches Habitat and Habitat for Humanity International to help accomplish Habitat’s mission.
- Educating chapter members, the local community and members’ networks about the work and mission of Habitat
- Advocating on behalf of people in need of decent shelter and for an end to poverty housing and homelessness
- Raising funds for the work of Habitat for Humanity
- Participating and creating space for transformational leadership and professional development.
Beaches HYP Builds:
Join the Habitat Young Professionals for one of our exclusive HYP build days. It doesn’t matter if you have any construction experience because the Beaches Habitat Staff will provide you with all the knowledge and tools necessary to get the job done.
In addition to networking opportunities with like-minded young professionals in the Beaches area, a Beaches HYP membership also includes:
- Member-pricing and specials at socials and other events
- Exclusive HYP construction volunteer opportunities
- HYP t-shirt
- Opportunity for professional development and voluntary leadership
Join our Board of Directors:
We are currently recruiting to fill several HYP Board of Directors positions:
- PR/Marketing Chair
- Membership Chair
- Special Events Chair
- Volunteer Chair
HYP Board of Directors are required to attend monthly meetings, the annual HYP fundraiser, 2 HYP construction builds per year, and bi-monthly socials. There are both 1 and 2 year term positions available. If you are interested in applying for one or more of these positions please fill out an application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted via email by March 31, 2017 for consideration.
Current Beaches Habitat Young Professionals Board Members:
Mr. Greg Barnett – President
Company: Coastal Oaks Construction/ VP of Residential Construction
Mr. Alex Douglas – Vice President
Company: Raymond James/Financial Advisor
Mr. Matt McGarvey – Secretary
Company: McGarvey Residential Communities/Project Manager
Ms. Dawn L. Alexander – Treasurer
Company: Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
Mrs. Lauren Spencer – Special Events Chair
Company: MOCA Jacksonville/Public Relations Manager
Ms. Rachael Ackerman – Volunteer Chair
Company: St. Vincent’s Healthcare Foundation/Development Officer
Open Positions: PR/Marketing Chair, Membership Chair, Advocacy Chair
Beaches Habitat for Humanity Board Liaison
Mr. Bryan Reyes, CPA
Company: The Griggs Group, CPA’s